Tea Anyone?

One of my all time favorite tv programmes is Dr Who, I have been watching it since I was tiny when  my mum was studying Film History as part of her degree and we watched an old Doctor Who episode together. I found it fun and scary... still do! Over the summer I have been experimenting with white charcoal! It took me a while  (and several sheets of paper!) to get used to them but I have a few drawings that I will be posting in the near future.
This white charcoal drawing was inspired by episode three  (Victory of the Daleks) from series five of Doctor Who.


It makes me smile.
There is a quote on the back of the boxed dvd set for this series that I really like and would like to share. I really hope to make my own story a good one!

"We're all stories in the end. Just make it a good one. A daft old man who stole a magic box and ran away. You'll dream about that box. It'll never leave you. Big and little at the same time. Brand new and ancient. And the bluest blue ever. The Doctor and Amy Pond."
-The Doctor

Comments

  1. I enjoyed watching you create this and love the result, in case I sound like a mean old mum, I never let you watch the really scary bits when you were little! It's interesting that you also love the artists I studied, we used to sit and look at the pictures together for hours on end xx

    ReplyDelete
  2. I sorry that I do not know anything about the TV program. I have heard my husband mention it. I believe that it was one that he really liked.

    I love your journal pages and especially your posts: The Girl and The Balloon, and Oh I Have A Blog. you have so much talent . . . shine on.
    Have a great weekend, Connie :)

    ReplyDelete
  3. Great page Els
    I love the little robot very much.

    Greetings Janny

    ReplyDelete
  4. Hi Els, great picture of the Dalek and so funny to be offering a cup of tea. I watched Dr Who in the early days but not lately athough this new one looks very interesting from the trailers on it. It always amazes me how you get your perspective so right, you must never give up drawing, you are very, very good. A x

    ReplyDelete
  5. OK Els, in a house full of boys/men it is impossible to get away from Dr Who (the youngest even gets the magazine) so I know a good (or is that bad?!) dalek when I see one. LOVE the idea of a domestic dalek. Could you do one to do some other household chores - a duster attachment, a hoover element, and a washing up brush would be most helpful!! Great drawing - white charcoal isn't the easiest of mediums and you've done fantastically with it. More inspiration courtesy of the latest series will be on soon btw. Hugs, Buttons x

    ReplyDelete
  6. Wish I knew the show, but who cares, I love the robot! I need that robot to wait on my hand and foot! It reminds me of the Jetson's cartoon here in the States. Her name was Rosie. http://2.bp.blogspot.com/_7JCRh6NKkm8/TGMwAK-sf9I/AAAAAAAAABY/DmHagLO_QAk/s1600/Jetsons-tv-04.jpg There is a picture of her. HAPPY BIRTHDAY TO YOU!!!!! 15 is such a special age! Congrats my dear!

    ReplyDelete
  7. This comment has been removed by the author.

    ReplyDelete
  8. Splendid dalek! You've really captured the dimensionality... but what I mostly came to say was a belated Happy Birthday! (It was my uncle's 60th - slightly ahead of you - on the 27th, so I've been a bit behind with blog-visiting, sorry!)
    Alison x
    Sorry for deletion - spelling mistakes, and I can't live with them!!

    ReplyDelete
  9. Great robot Els,you are very talented girl! Happy birthday!

    ReplyDelete
  10. Yes - cream and sugar please!
    sandy

    ReplyDelete
  11. Great dalek i used to watch dr who in black and white when i was a child we always loved the dalek episodes x

    ReplyDelete

Post a Comment

Popular Posts