TRAVEL ILLUSTRATION SERIES



Recently I have been working on a series of travel Illustrations that document the places and people I have seen in the last year around the UK when I have been travelling, with a particular focus on smaller or interesting businesses or locations, rather than documenting chain stores as I feel independent shops have so much character and quirks to explore. These pieces are all based on my own street photography.

I have really enjoyed using traditional materials and taking a break from digital work, having spent so much time recently on Photoshop.  I am excited to see where this project takes me!

Here is a sneak peak of some of the finished paintings. I will be releasing the rest gradually as and when they're painted over on my Instagram account: @elschristensen.  

Please go check them out and follow me to stay updated with the project!
Castle Greengrocers, Gouache on card.
Hay-On-Wye,  January 2018

Flying Coffee Bean, Acrylic on 200gsm mixed media paper.
Brighton, April 2018





SaveSave

Popular Posts